Monday, March 19, 2012

One bruised and battered Reia is up past her bedtime!

Good evening from the loading dock of Sam's Club in Amarilo, Texas.  It has been a long day with Mother Nature kicking my backside, head, shoulders........let me explain!

As you know, I got a late start with a load that had a late drop.  I had to wait in line forever in order to get fuel.  When I finally reached the pump, I jumped out and quickly started entering my credit card information and then all of a sudden, WHACK!  I was shoved to the ground, my glasses flew off my head, and my body felt like it had been hit by a NFL quarterback!  My driver door was caught in a huge gust of wind and it hit me from behind!  I felt my head split as my eyes saw white where the door caught the side of my head and my upper back.  I slowly stood and quickly had to sit as I felt the blood starting to tickle down my neck.  Oh GADS!

I grabbed some papertowels, held them to the cut and proceeded to fuel.  Within 5 minutes, the bleeding stopped, I could see straight, and the truck was filling up.  And off we go!

When I got to the shipper, the winds were picking up even more due to a fast approaching thunder storm from the west.  My truck was facing the wind and I was at the back of the trailer trying like heck to get the doors open and secure.  That dang wind was pushing against me as I pushed back and just as I was ready to secure the door, a stronger gust of air would send me and the door flying backwards!  At my third attempt, another driver who saw me flapping in the wind was kind enough to assist and I was finally able to drop the trailer into the dock.

Now it is nearly 11 PM, here I sit with another toothache, a sore back and a sore head and should have been in bed two hours ago.  So tell me, how was your day????

No comments: