Monday, March 12, 2012

Good morning from Portland, OR……….

And yes, we did make it to Jerome to spend time with the family!  But before I share more let me share pictures!




Truck Stop Round Up!  Nebraska was beautiful to drive through today as it was calving season and new babies were in every cornfield.  Not only that, I saw thousands of migrating birds from snow white geese to grey herons………it was amazing!  Nebraska was beautiful to drive through today as it was calving season and new babies were in every cornfield.  Not only that, I saw thousands of migrating birds from snow white geese to grey herons………it was amazing!



Fuel Sensor finally worked……for a bit!


Cabbage Pass - I hope the last storm of the winter!

View of mountains entering Salt Lake from the east.....


We drove hard day before yesterday so we could arrive early to my ole stomping grounds.  Mom was waiting for us so we did a little shopping and took  a gander at my lil sistah’s new home (it would never happen to me in my wildest dreams) and then spent the evening with Lorene’s family and of course……Mom.  Who by the way was my bed mate and that dang woman doesn’t require much sleep!  We went to bed at 11:30 and she was tossing and turning at 3:30 AM, ready to face the world……augh!  None the less, it made for a good morning as we had more time together, a hot breakfast and an early start to my drop location.  Love you all!

My son posted a link to a YouTube video that my sister, Rhonda, produced.  Her daughter should have been 32 years of age this year but her life was taken away at the young age of 14 and no one has been brought to justice for her murder.  Rhonda just finished her book of their/her life in hopes of finding an audience and a publisher.  Take a look and let her know what you think or who might be interesting in helping her.

Rhonda's Video

On that note, we have an extra hour of light so I am going to walk Gonja for a bit before I update my blog and maybe watch a show……….I am running three weeks behind!

And you get to sleep in…….drop is 30 minutes away and not due until 8 AM tomorrow!

And it is morning.....grab your coffee!

4 comments:

James Aka Bob The Builder said...

This post seems like it was made while someone was drunk......

TruckAbout Reia said...

It was 6 AM and no coffee....gads son!

minagarcia said...

Hi Reia...this is Julie, Michael's wife, wanted to tell you how much I enjoy your blog. These photos are spectacular...

TruckAbout Reia said...

Hey Julie! Welcome and thank you! I enjoy reading Michael's blog too....he can be very heartful for an ole trucker ;)